Thursday, February 25, 2010

Babies...

So two friends of mine just had little girls... and the stories are so different, yet in the end, the result is the same: two precious little angel girls born, both formed by the very hands of God.

One friend is happily married, with a beautiful family. The other friend is a single mom, and the dad isn't in the picture at all.. hasn't been since the pregnancy happened.

One friend was excited, the other friend was terrified.

One friend had a beautiful little girl a week ago and I can't wait to go to her lovely warm loving home and love on her and watch the effect she has had on her "big" sister and brother ;0)

One friend didn't think she could do it on her own, didn't know if bringing a baby into her life at this time was good for her, or good for the baby. She seriously considered ending the pregnancy... I encouraged her that this baby was a gift from God that was here to help change her life for the better.. to give her hope and an innocent little person to love in her life, who would love her back just because.

Many nights I prayed, many nights I cried, we even got to a point where she said pretty much..look I don't need this, I don't need you making me feel guilty...
to which I apologized and believe me, I wasn't attacking her, I was just sticking up for this innocent little life that didn't deserve to be ended because she had so many questions.. the what ifs? the part where she couldn't see how anything would work...

I had to thank God tonight, as his Holy Spirit so gently reminded me that at one point my friend told me... Angie, you are the ONLY person in my life telling me that I should keep this baby, my family all says this is wrong for me, I can't do it, the baby doesn't deserve to be brought into this situation (since the dad left)... tonight I looked at the pictures posted, and I saw a little life that I fought for, that I prayed for, that I put into God's hands when I knew He was the only one who could touch her heart in a way that would make her understand. And I was reminded that I need to remember that passion I had for that baby and pray for other things in life with that passion.

For now I rejoyce in the little girl that was born today with the middle name "HOPE"

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

okay...thanks for making me cry ;) what a beautiful story! praise God that you allowed Him to use you and speak to her and that this beautiful little girl was able to live and carries the name Hope. she truly is beautiful,,,saw yer picts on fb. love you!