Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mind/Body/Soul

I was thinking today.. as I often do when my mind is sooo distracted by physical pain. Funny how something can take such utter control of all of your mind.. changing your daily habits, routines, duties, sometimes just little things like holding your princess for a few minutes... can still create in you a revelation that can become oh say "a light bulb went off moment" or an "A-HA" moment.. or as more correctly put, a small glimpse into the heart of our savior.

I've had neck issues for way too long to remember, to be quick.. it's dumb but hurts, is degenerative, is hereditary, and can be for some a nagging ache, and others.. a harsh reality of daily serious pain in your neck.. which of course can go up to head pain, down to shoulder/hand muscle blah blah blah... like I said DUMB. Anyway.. today I had another fun shot, sometimes they're "annoying" sometimes they're "YOUCH" but today was one of those that rank up with .. hmmm.. ok, not giving birth, but you get my point...lol!!

The great thing is, I cannot be alone for 24 hours (because of the fun stuff through IV) so my dear sweet hubby HAD to take the day off =0) Even in the middle of suckish pain, I find a yippppee..lol. I love a day with Sheldon.. just having him around. So we go to the hospital by 7:30 this morning, miss Hollynd and Brandon in tow.. do our thing.. and sprung and at home by 10 a.m..

As the day went on, the pain STUNK, my entire head/neck/arms/hands/upper back and injection site were SCREAMING at me... but I had this sweet tender voice of my hubby that was making a little princess laugh, who was getting our young preschooler ready for school, who was being very gracious to his sissified wife..lol (I say that with humor..laughing at myself.. because pain stinks, period.. I'm human!!) I came to realize it's an endurance thing.. you endure labor, you endure sorrow, you endure pain...
Endure: in the dictionary you come up with...
1. to hold out against; sustain yielding; undergo
2. to bear without resistance or with patience; tolerate
3. to allow; to bear:

And as I was laying there, I though of our savior's pain... his innocence, something I do not have... his purity, not found here.... his perfection, not in a million years could I claim that one...his willingness to obey, sacrifice, and never say no to God "Not my will but yours"... something that brings tears to my eyes when I think of my own life.. yet another quality I lack in. Yet the pain he went through.. for someone who he knew did not posess a single quality that he had.

And the one verse that the Holy Spirit laid HARD on my heart was...

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I CAN do this... with him all things are possible.. and as I enure this physical pain, I thank you Lord that even in this... You bring me closer to you... to your heart.... and as the author and finisher of MY faith... TO YOUR PLAN.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

I hear ya hear friend.....they have told me with my back issues that injections are only temporary relief and surgery is no guarantee so I'm just believing my healing is still on the way. And same goes for you.......I'm believing that God can and WILL HEAL YOU completley of it all so you will never have to have injections or pain drugs again!!!!!

However, I think I need to get more motivated and start exercising because when I am doing that faithfully and taking care of my body well I feel so much better. Soooooooo.......I then tell myself I shouldn't be complaining if I"m not doing EVERYTHING i can be doing to help the pain.

Love you bunches and God bless yer sweet hubby! Does he have sick/personal days built up already?