Monday, December 28, 2009

Moments..

So I finally made it through a Christmas without crying because I missed my mom. I had my moments where I had to really try HARD not to think about it when the thoughts would start creeping in... but "take every thought captive"... then wouldn't you know it, today I'm trying to get either Shine on the radio at home, or WBGL, and as I'm looking I hear the start of Allan Jackson's "Where were you when the world stopped turning"... yep, I lost it. It took me back to watching the 2nd plane hit the world trade center with my mom, and watching ALL DAY in shock with her... and I can remember watching the country music awards when Allan Jackson debuted that song.. once again with my momma.

It's just crazy how you hold it together, hold it in, think you're making some serious progress... and then a song comes on.... and in an instant you are taken back to what seems like yesterday, a memory of not even something GREAT, but just a memory of her being with me. I have to say I've gotten better.. but then I still have to say, you NEVER get "better".

No comments: