Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Good Old days

I realize that 37 is a far cry from 20... but I still remember being 20 =) I guess it just amazes me how much our world has changed since I was a "young" girl. Respect is fading... I hear kids talk to their parents in ways that back in the day, you would've been picking out a switch or picking yourself up off the ground. Morals are too wishy-washy... back then you knew that GOD was watching, now they don't seem to care. We used to watch out for the younger kids all the time, it wasn't an option, it was your DUTY as a bigger kid. You suffered consequences which today's teens now loose their cell phone, or their computer for a few days. It makes me miss my momma even more. I thank God everyday that she brought us up to respect our elders, to treat each and every person the same, no matter if they were rich or poor. We were taught to pitch in and make things a team effort as brothers and sisters, things got done a whole lot faster that way. We were taught respect for other people's things...if it's not yours, don't mess with it. Doors were held open for women, men didn't cuss around the ladies, and the ladies just didn't cuss period. Your children were your true prize posession, money could come and go, things could be hard, but as long as we had each other, we were more than just fine, we were HAPPY =)

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

whew**i just got caught up on yer blog.....you posted alot since i read last.....amen and love ya sis!