Wednesday, January 14, 2009

slacker...

So I've been slacking on maintaining my blog... we've been through a week of the pukes in our house. As this was going on, I felt like God kept bring me to 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

There are so many different things in these few verses that I have truly spent a lot of time lately meditating on. Love is patient...hard to be when you've been puked ON for a week; Love is kind....hard to be when you're tired and cranky from lack of sleep. I could go on and on through every point it makes about what Love truly acts like and then find where I can do so much better. I tell myself that I am here to instill the Love of God into my children, and if I can't show them how I'm called to love them, then how will they understand what Love walks like, and what Love talks like, and what Love does and does NOT do! All I can say is pray for me =)

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Ah, you say it so right....Hope everyone is better soon! Hugs...