Monday, November 24, 2008

Something OLD

So when my Aunt Roberta moved to Oaklahoma I had asked her to pass a few things on to me that meant something to her.... I have always adored her, and she is the reason that Sheldon and I really got back into the house of God over 8 years ago. To make a longgggggg story short, I got some wonderful things, an oil painting of Jesus praying in the garden that used to hang above her bed.... now, it hangs above ours. See, Aunt Roberta is my realy Dad's sister...he died just a little over 2 weeks before I was born in an auto accident. She seemed to be my life line to the one person in the world I wanted to know... Anyway, among other things that she found of my Dad's (some of this stuff was 30 years old!!) The funniest things are these 2 upside down clawfoot bathtub feet. My Dad painted them....I think I see where my randomness may come from...lol. They always used them as door stops in their house to keep certain doors open. I grew up playing in their house, and never once knew the story of who painted these funky looking things?? So Brandon was playing with "George Washington"...the story goes my Dad painted it to look like George Washington with a gas mask on because of all the chemical polution and the way the world back then was having so many issues (Vietnam..which he was in active duty for on the U.S.S. Tidewater) ANYWAY, back to George (Mr. Washington)and Brandon... I sat there and watched Brandon playing with George (I think he wanted to put a diaper on him, but that's besides the point..lol) and I grabbed my camera to get a picture of my little boys hands touching all over where his grandpa's hands had been probably 40 years ago. I was touched by how God puts these little blessings in our lives to keep us connected to those we await to see in Heaven and miss here on Earth with all of our hearts.



No comments: