Sunday, November 9, 2008

Special Friendships

I think one of God's greatest gifts to us is our friends. Our true friends who are there through the good and the bad, who cry with us, laugh with us, grieve with us, rejoyce with us, grow with us, and especially the gift of them loving our children. Brandon and our kitten (who is technically BIG enough to be called a cat but still sooooo young) reminded me of this the other night. Saturday night it was just me and little guy at home. He took his bath ~ which he invited Oreo the kitten to take with him, over and over again =) and when it was time to chill and watch TV, Brandon and Oreo took on their usual positions they have at nap time. Oreo snuggles so sweetly with Brandon, and Brandon talks to Oreo like he's a real life little friend of his. He tells him that he loves him, he shows Oreo his toys when he's playing, he picks him up and lets the kitten watch out the front screen door as his brothers get on the bus in the morning, he gets in Oreo's face and asks him what he's doing.. I could go on an on. The cutest thing is that Oreo absolutely LOVES Brandon. He is so patient with him even when Brandon isn't exactly "gentle", he lets Brandon carry him in some pretty uncomfortable positions without even getting upset... they always seem to be looking for each other if they're not together. When Brandon falls asleep, his arm is around his furry little friend. It reminded me of some special people God has brought to me as friends... Susie is one I have to say stands out as one of the best gifts of friendship God has ever given me. My momma loved her, she spent time with us as a family when mom was still here and we always had so much fun =) She cried with me as my heart broke when I lost my mom, she has been here for me every step of the way as I have learned to once again live life, she never makes me feel stupid when I ask a question, she is the biggest blessing when it comes to having someone in my life who encourages me as a mommy and a wife. Sometimes I don't think she knows how much I love her and appreciate her, yet at the same time I know that she loves me just as much...even if I'll never know why ;) I guess it's funny that my 2 year old and his relationship with our kitten can make me think to a deeper level and remind me to thank God for those special friends he brings my way.
Best Buddies =)
Sometimes it just takes a friend putting their arm around you =)

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

i'm not a fan of cats in the house, but this is soooooo sweet!