Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Carter

We had my nephews birthday party to attend tonight... Sheldon ended up staying home (back ouchie) and kept Brandon (who really needed to be in bed WAY before we would've gotten home). So.. it was me and Darian and Gavin. It's been a while since they've had mom all to themselves and especially at a pool =) We had sooo much fun. I showed them that I wasn't lying when I said I could dive (used to be a life guard at church camp during summers.. had my certification and all... WOW that was like 22 years ago... dang I'm getting OLDER..lol) so then mom decides lets pull out the big guns and show them what I used to know.. key word is USED to know... I showed them I could do a back dive. To my shock, it worked out well, but I think I was convinced that it wouldn't and got a butt load of water in my nose. MAN I HATE THAT! at least there was no choking, coughing, or puking involved... but it soooo burns!!!! So I got some mommy points tonight . . Darian and I did the diving board together, and Gavin and I played around a lot in the 3.5 foot water (he doesn't like water in his ears... or face a lot, but praise God he's at least in the water.. that took FOREVER!). I'm just so thankful that God gives us these little tiny babies and they grow so quickly . . . I am truly blessed! Maundy Thursday service was great, Friday night I had some quiet time with Daddy after all the kids went to sleep and we snuggled (he still makes my heart skip a beat even after 12 years) tonight was a great night of fun and silliness with my boys and with the rest of my family (all of us 5 kids were there!!! plus TONS of Carter's friends), and tomorrow is Easter.. my favorite day of all... after you lose someone the ressurection takes on a whole new meaning for you... without that, none of us would have eternal life... He took the keys of Hell, and broke the grip of death forever. I love that Easter is so close to when my momma died... it helps me get through that day by looking forward to Easter where we completely focus on His victory over the grave!

No comments: