Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday fun

So church was great today =) It was a huge blessing, lots of encouragement, and revelation. I always knew the daddy role was so important, but the way it was portrayed today made me realize even more why it is so important. I've always been excited about the verse that says "he will turn the hearts of the fathers towards their children, and the hearts of the children toward their fathers".... this has always been important to me because my Dad wasn't really "there" in any way except the physical way. Daddy's love is sooooo special and I love to see my kids get excited when their daddy gets home. I know my role as mommy is important and special, but it is such a blessing when I see my kids with their daddy.. playing, doing homework, just being together as a family. How much easier is it for them to understand their heavenly father's love if they have a daddy here on earth that shows unconditional love! I had to laugh when Darian brought up what Ken said about having a lot of wives, and the suicide rate being high in those cultures! Even Darian at 11 understood and LAUGHED at trying to keep more than one woman happy!!! The lock-in was a huge success and the kids had a blast on Friday (they were a little tired Saturday!) So I thought I'd post some pics I took from the lock-in and let everybody see how many smiling kids we had!!!! God is good =)

2 comments:

Smileyface said...

Were you one of the crazy/amazing people that stayed overnite???? And got little sleep???

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

Oh I gave that up..lol! I stayed until they all layed down for their bed-time movie, then went home. My neck would never forgive me if I slept on the floor (stinks getting old ;)
Sheldon was also on call for work that weekend, so he had to be up and in Forrest Saturday morning at 7, so I had to be home for Brandon anyway. It was an amazing night of fun though!