Saturday, April 18, 2009

Memories =)

I went to the Maundy Thursday service last week, and growing up singing hyms in a Baptist church.. I knew most of the songs that they sang. One song just choked me up and made me cry though. I can remember my mom walking around the house doing different things and singing...


I come to the garden alone... while the dew is still on the roses


and he walks with me and he talks with me
and he tells me I am his own
and the joy we share as we tarry there
none other has ever known

as they started playing this song at the Methodist church... I just broke inside... yet at the same time, I was able to smile and close my eyes and sing along.. I had heard the song so many times I knew it by heart =) I could so faintly hear my mommas beautiful voice singing along. So tonight as I was missing her and thinking about her, I found this on you-tube.. and Alan Jackson was one of my mom's favorite country stars. My sister and I saw him in concert last year with Brooks and Dunn... they were all amazing!!! Hope you enjoy... I know my momma would've loved to have seen this =)

No comments: