Sunday, April 19, 2009

Isolation

There are so things I battle with when it comes to how so many Christians act. We almost isolate ourselves with only believers around us and that's great... but we're to be a light in the darkness... which does mean that eventually you have to be around darkness to let your light shine. I'm not saying that this is an excuse to become a heroin addict, or put yourself in a harmful situation.. but what I am saying is: Is it wrong to go to the bar with your friend... because that's where she wants to go? She knows I go to church, she knows I can pretty much have one beer because of meds I'm on.... she just wants the company. So I then ask myself... is this ok? This is in, but not of... a light in the darkness... BUT then creeps in the thought of "well I heard Angie was at the bar Friday (or Saturday) night..." There is a fine line where you don't want to be a stumbling block for anyone, yet it was Paul who said I become like all so that I might win some. Tight rope balancing act is what is sounds like.. but then again I wonder if I make this more difficult than what it is.... IDK

No comments: