Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

So tis the season.... It's almost Christmas, and I have to admit I'm doing my best to be "merry" and "jolly", but everybody seems to be struggling in so many ways this Christmas. For a lot of people, it's finances, for some it's marriages, for some it's decisions in life that have the capability of altering other peoples lives, so many trying to be happy, trying to get into the Christmas "Spirit". I know it's not about gifts (thank goodness), I know it's all about Jesus and the fact that he came to live so we also might have life.... he died so we can live eternally in Heaven... his sacrifice, his life, his love, his forgiveness, his holiness.... it's all about HIM. Keeping our eyes on Him, keeping him first in every part of our lives, keeping His word coming out of our mouths.

Lord thank you for this time of season where so many people turn and focus on their family. Please use our lights through this holiday season as the light that points to you, the light in the middle of confusion that shows the way to the one truth that is YOU.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

AMEN sister! Heard about Sheldon's new job! I'm sooooooo excited we now have a goodlookin garbage man in our village ;) ha ha....good luck to you and your new job,eh? let me know how it goes!