Sunday, December 28, 2008

My life's partner

I never could have imagined that the night I met Sheldon was actually the beginning of a fairy tale. Let's remind ourselves that fairy tales often have huge dragons, evil witches, ugly harassing trolls under bridges, it's not just happily ever after..the end. It's a story that has it's twists and turns, it's ups and downs, dragons that have to be slain, sacrifices that have to be made for true love to prevail. I just have to admit that I never read a fairy tale that was truly as funny as ours.... we're definitely not the Brady Bunch, though we're close in number...lol =) It proves to me once again, the holiness of God, HIS ability to change us from the inside out, HIS ability to make the two truly and honestly become one. As we walk through this crazy thing we call life, and I couldn't imagine not seeing Sheldon's smiling, understanding, forgiving, gentle face looking back at me as we take life's knocks, life's blessings, life's questions, and life with 5 boys...

No comments: