Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I survived the first school snow day =)

I loved Thanksgiving, I loved the left-overs, I loved being with friends and family, I loved that this Thanksgiving at a good friends house was dedicated to my mom... to her memory, to who she was and what she meant to all those who loved her, I loved that Ronnie asked "Brother Carver" (my mom's pet name for Sheldon) to bless the meal, I loved that I ate way way way too much. I can remember praying and thanking God as I went to sleep Sunday night that we had a wonderful long weekend and for all the blessings he gives us each and everyday.

Monday morning comes as usual and without looking outside you would've thought it was a normal morning... my cappuccino was yummy, it was still quiet because the kids only Brandon was up, the kids still had about another 10 minutes of sleep to enjoy, and the phone rings.... School has been cancelled ... WHAT??? I looked outside thinking I've seen worse, are you kidding me? NO WARNING? KIDS ALL DAY? Not my "normal" routine?

As you see I survived. The "BORED" children survived. When the phone rang this morning I was still sleeping...the message was that school was going to be delayed an hour. Once again I was thankful ;)

No comments: