Monday, December 22, 2008

True Friendship

I have a wonderful friend who I've know for about 15 years. She lives in the south, I worked with her for 5 years, and we were the best of friends. I have kept in touch with her through all these years and I was saddened today when she called me and told her sister had passed away...just 49 years old, it was a complete SHOCK...it was an aneurism (sp??). It's so hard to have the words to say especially when you feel far away. Things happen so suddenly in our life and turn everything upside down and we have no control over it. It was sweet because she just kept saying she just wanted to talk to me, she had to hear my voice. The only difference between me and so many other people in her life, is that I took the time to get past the "rough" exterior of this beautiful friend, I chose to take what she would say, even though it could have been said nicer and just look past her short-comings on "how to be friendly" Yet in getting to know her, I never knew someone who cared so deeply for the ones she loved, and fought so passionately for what she believed in. I wish more people would quit judging by the "rough" or "tough" exterior of some people, and know that pain and rejection have made them that way. The true love of God showing through us can break through the toughest of walls that have been put up!
And to my friend Monica... You my dear are NOT MEAN, BRUTAL at times, but not mean...lol =)

No comments: