Sunday, February 8, 2009

Church today

Sometimes I'm convinced that God gives us special little moments with our kids that melt our heart back to being soft. This world has a tendency to go straight for the heart, wound us, try and break us... Then you have this little person that you love more than anything in the world... it doesn't seem to matter what age they get to, they still have that effect on the momma's heart =) Something they say, something they do, something special that just warms you from head to toe. Today during church Gavin (our 9 year old) was standing with me, arms around me as always (he's always been a clingy or touchy kinda kid) and we were doing some of our Praise and Worship songs. I heard his sweet sweet voice sing as his arm was around my waist, and we sang together in perfect harmony. I felt like I had been given this gift... this special touch from Heaven as I closed my eyes and sang with my son, and with my heart.

No comments: