Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just thinking

What a gift having kids really is. Sure it's tough, sure it's exhausting, sure sometimes it is very non-rewarding (puke clean-up, diaper duty), but we are shaping our future when we raise our children. Truly, we are raising the next generation to witness about God's glory..his kindness, his goodness, his faithfulness. BUT, if I never speak about his goodness, his kindness, his faithfulness... if they don't see me walk out my relationship with the Lord, how will they know how to do it themselves? Repetition, showing them things over and over... that's how they learn to count, to say their abc's, to learn their colors, to do everything in life they need to survive. Yet the most important survival guide I can give them is their relationship with the Lord...do I model this as much as I should be?

No comments: