Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

The sweetest thing the other day... Gav & I went to the store to get a few things & pick up an ointment the dr. called in for him. As we were leaving the drug store, there were a lot of Valentine's things around up front.. boxes of chocolates in the shape of hearts, hearts this, hearts that... and when we got in the truck to leave Gavin quietly tells me, "Mom I'm really sorry I couldn't get you anything for Valentine's Day".. to which my heart melted, and I told him "You give me love and hugs and kisses every single day, not just one special day out of the year. What you give me everyday is so much better than any kind of a gift you could have given me to celebrate this one day." It was sweet to see where his heart was...he's such a giver and is growing and learning to think about other people first.

Here's special kudos to the world's best babysitter in the world.... Ms. Shelb's you've won the heart of the young Carver men here at home as well as at church. Thank you for the sweet words about the boys and how well they behaved. It always makes mom and dad proud to hear their kids are respectful and helpful and just plain fun to be around. BUT, it takes a speical person who is loving, patient, kind, and who really listens to them and cares for this to work both ways =) and my dear, you take the cake!!!! Thank you for letting us be in your life and for you being as special as you are to the boys and to us also. You have the sweetest spirit. I love being around you!!

And finally to the hubby... 12 years, 12 Valentine's Days together, and I will never take for granted the ways you show me you love me .... your respect towards me, your patience with me, your gentleness with me, your always loving and forgiving heart. You truly are my Prince Charming ;) And they lived happily ever after...

No comments: