Sunday, August 10, 2008

Be kind, first attempt

So to have any quiet time as a mommy, I find myslef up well after they all go to bed... time to relax, time to acutally "hear" NOTHING...lol. I'm sure I'll get used to this soon, so be patient with me.. I just want to share so many of those "God Winks" that happen in our lives, the ones that seem so little that if you're not paying close attention you will miss. We all know those moments when for a second time stands still and your heart feels so full you understand that "all encompasing" love that God wants to give us ALL THE TIME. My heart tonight feels like I've let someone down, someone I've always loved, and have always had such high hopes for. Though he's young, and he's had a tough road, a dad who is trying to get clean from drugs, a mom who's stuggled with her own demons, a young man who is honestly being dealt a pretty crappy hand of cards to start playing in life. I saw him today and his hug made me melt, and I felt the Lord speak to my heart, and tell me... now instead of just thinking this poor kid (who is so adorable, and so respectful to me, and truly has a heart of gold) instead of focusing on the hand he's been delt, PLACE HIM IN MY HANDS..... my heart sunk, for all this time I feel I've let him down...I've prayed for their family when times were hard, I've prayed they'd commit their lives to a relationship with Jesus..not a "religion" but a one-on-one relationship with the true Living Lord Jesus himself....but I failed to put this young man that I care about into his hands daily instead of shaking my head in disbelief as I pictured what can happen down the worldy road that is being paved for him.....Forgive me Lord, thank you for reminded me where I need to place EVERYTHING...my worries, my cares, my doubts, but especially the ONES I LOVE.

No comments: