Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sometimes it's easy to pray....

Sometimes I feel like it is easy to pray...examples would be: tragic accident, child hurt, family member seriously ill, all of these though are HUGE life obstacles that make it easy to pray and as the Bible says, pray without ceasing.... So why, then on a day like today when EVERYTHING seemed to just pile up against me (grouchy kid, lazy kid, one who seriously must have a potato the size of IDAHO itself in his ear because he can't seem to hear me when I speak, ringing telephone, headache, can't find what I need to cook for supper, I could go on an on) and I look back and can remember praying ...Lord.. help me or; Lord... I'm serious, I'm going to blow but not once did I take the time to really just sit down, grab a cappuccino and grab my Bible to turn my day around. I know it can work, I've done it before.... why does it seem to take huge things to make my heart PRAY THROUGH those crazy days that everybody has? Why is it somedays I just get more overwhelmed instead? Anyway, after this crazy, hectic, fast-paced, laundry filled day was coming to an end, around 5:00 p.m. my sister called and just had a slight crack in her voice and just said, please pray for Alaina (my baby niece) she had been running a fever, had bad bad bad horrible nasty diapers, one right after another with blood in them and just wasn't right. My sister Anna just said, please pray for her Angie, I'm on my way to the E.R. with her now, I just got off the phone with the nurse and she told me to bring her in right away. My heart sank, I felt humbled that she knew I would pray and that she trusted me to lift up her little one to the Lord in a way that would help bring peace to HER also. Somehow my day that I thought should have been marked on my calendar as "the day the kids came very close to driving me insane" was swept away, and my feeble feelings of not being an adequate prayer went away.


Alaina Katherine was born 5/31/08 and is being admitted to St. Joe's hospital in Joliet so they can try and figure out what is going on in her little body. I suddenly feel like a prayer warrior again. Lord, forgive me for those days my eyes are more focused on the craziness around me than the peace that I find in you. Thank you for keeping me so close to your heart that I can feel your loving heartbeat. And Lord, please watch over little Miss Alaina, surround her with Angels and most of all with your loving presence filling her room for her, her momma, and all those who come in contact with your tiny precious creation.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

We'll be praying! keep us updated.