Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Jesus

I found this in a book I was reading about 7 years ago. It has moved to 3 different refrigerators in 3 different houses so I see it everyday. It moved me so much when I read it, that I wanted it to become my heart's prayer....

Dear Jesus~
Someday, the sky will open and You will enter this world again. Forgive me for the times I misplaced the hope of that amid the bills and appointments and dealines that clutter my days. Forgive me for the times I let the sparkle of the world steal my attention from the vision of Your glory.

Keep my eyes on You, Lord. Keep my heart yearning for the moment You open the door and enter my home. Keep my candle lit in the anticipation of seeing the beauty of Your face and hearing the tenderness in Your voice.

You have given me everything. To whom much is given, much is required. Help me to live to my potential.

Help me to keep my house in order, to not be satisfied with the bare walls of my life, but to decorate them with the things that appeal to You. An act of mercy. A word of encouragement. A tear of compassion.

Lord, may I dress to please You. May I clothe my body in purity, resisting the temptation to sell myself for untrue love. May I adorn my heart with fidelity, always keeping in mind the vow I made when You first came into my life.

Fire my soul with a desire for You. Help me never to lose my first love. Help me stay true to the end. Keep me vigilant through dark and desolate nights. Keep my candle lit, Lord. Please keep my candle lit.


~ MY PRAYER ~

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Okay, this is going on my fridge now! i love love love it!