Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Savior, My God



I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior


My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior loves, My Savior lives

Brandon is on this kick of REPEATEDLY watching this video... I love this song, so it doesn't bother me that he watches it probably 30 times in a day...lol =) And honestly, I love it that my not even 2-1/2 year old hunts down this video and always tell me...mommy, it's aaron shust, aaron shust... It's funny how technically young Brandon is, but he can pick out artists when he hears a song start... he can tell you when it's Skillet, Third Day (and he always says, Third Day..Mac Powell. (mac powell is the lead singer, I told him that ONCE!)), Toby Mac, Aaron Shust...I could go on & on, there are so many singers & bands that he recognizes and tells me exactly who it is that is singing the song I've chosen... Anyway, that completely side-tracked me...(I am still blonde at heart)...

About this video and this song... there are so many things that I've thought about as I hear (and naturally have to sing a long with because it's playing) this over and over....

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
This part of the song soooo reminds me, that I am not even close to knowing God's "big picture"... his will is far more intricate than my human mind can comprehend, yet the next part of that verse says:

I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior
This is such a real picture to me, that as I look at the right hand of God, stands the one man who understands me better than I understand myself... my Savior... the one who gave more to me than I will ever be able to repay, and His love is deeper than what my human heart can comprehend

That he would leave his place on high...and come for sinful man to die...
What a loving, forgiving, and holy God we serve that he would send his son to take upon himself the sins of you and I and of this world....

I am so humbled by the greatness of love that Jesus has for us, I never want to become somehow numb to that, I want that to be what makes me different in this world where everyone is looking for that light that shines through you because of the son that you have inside of you. Lord help me to be your tool, help me to stay loving, kind, forgiving, a peacemaker..... all those things Lord which you call us as women and daughters of the most high to be. But most of all let me show your spirit that will reach out and touch those whose spirits are hurting, lonely, and just lost Lord. Help me to reach out in love and share what you have so unselfishly given me.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

oh angie...thank you for sharing this. this is one of jason and i's favorite song and we asked kari if we could sing it at church...not sure if they have yet, but hoping!!

it has such deep meaning....and i too do not want to become numb to how much our Father loves us...and that He sent His only son to die for us!

love you sis!