Saturday, August 30, 2008

My bestest friend



I've had this certain best friend for going on 12 years. I never imagined that anyone could know so much about me and still love me. I never imagined that my heart would trust someone so much that I could tell him ANYTHING and know that he would hold me when somehow my mind would think that what I've told him would make him push me away. I never imagined that he could look at me and tell if I've had a good day or a bad day within two seconds of seeing my face after coming home from work. I never imagined that he would be able to hear a crack in my voice and know if it's because I'm tired, or because I'm upset, or because of some sort of aggrevation. I never imagined that looking in his eyes even after 12 years would still make me weak in the knees. I never imagined that I could possible love him more than I did the day that we got married, but when I watched him become a real caring and loving daddy, and a husband who puts his wife first in all situations, and watched him become a godly man who loves to hear the holy spirit and be obedient to that still small voice and watch God do his handi-work, I saw a new man, more than just the best friend I had, more than the handsome man I married, more than a good guy..... he became my knight in shining armor, my prince charming, my Sir Lancelot, but he has always stayed MY BEST FRIEND. Baby, I love you more every day. I'm excited to see how God is using you and I love to watch you grown in your Faith which makes me strive to grown in my Faith too. You are my best friend. Through the last two years you carried me when I wasn't sure if I was going to make it, and for that I will be eternally grateful. Thank you for meaning "till death do us part" and "for better and for worse". I will love you until the end of time, and when time ends here, eternity begins in Heaven.... you are SO STUCK WITH ME =)


(What I thought was the happiest day of my life, turned out to be JUST THE BEGINNING!)

I love you forever =)

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

You two have got to be about the cutest couple ever ;) It's so awesome to see a marriage still on fire for Jesus and each other after all these years. Our prayer is that we'll be there too in 12 years.

Do you realize how super blessed you and I are to have the hubbies we do??!?!?! After I saw Sheldon at the grocery store tonite I came home and told Jase that he and Sheldon were some of the rare men out there that will actually do things like grocery shopping, watching the kids, helping out around the house.......we are some pretty stinkin' lucky-blessed women!

Love you friend!