Friday, August 22, 2008

Our calling....

I absolutely LOVE this video...makes me cry everytime I see it.
Somehow this video helps me everytime I see it to remind me that our calling is never as intense as that of Jesus. God does not ask me to let this happen to my child, he does not ask me be crucified like Jesus was, and yet somehow I feel like my calling is just too hard sometimes. After watching this, I am gently reminded that Jesus did the hardest part ever imagined, and that what I am called to do is to love all those who come across my path, and show them the love of Jesus. This doesn't seem so hard when you look at it and compare it to what Jesus went through, yet at times I still complain... Forgive me Lord for the simple things you ask me to do, and my reluctancy at times to fulfill your calling in my life. You gave me everything, and for that I am thankful. Please help me become brave even though I know my calling will never compare to that of your Son's.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Thank you for sharing this...i'm going to have to put it on my blog too.