Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trying to please...

Galatians 1:10
If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

This verse helps me so much. So many times we just want to please everybody. Be a peacemaker, don't make waves, walk in love... but yet we are called to be honest... sometimes even when it's something people just don't want to hear. It's hard to walk that fine line, not to be offensive to people, yet to lead them in HIS direction with HIS words. Sometimes it would be easier just to tell people what they want to hear, yet at the same time I know they are coming to me because they know I will tell them the truth, even though it's tough at times. I want to be a servant of Christ, I want to be a daughter of the King, and I want people to know that I can't just soothe their ruffled feathers with consoling words, or tell them something just to get them to leave me alone. Pastor Kim told me last week that as a Christian I am called to hate injustice, and that has helped me be bolder in the answers I give to those looking for advice. I have a feeling that some won't come to me anymore, but I also have a peace in my heart that I know when I listen to the Holy Spirit, He will give me the words that will plant a seed which is more important than just saying words to make people feel better.

Lord, let my words be your words, let my words lead to your path of life...narrow is the road, and there are few who choose that path, but I thank you that you guide me as I walk down this narrow path, and you give me wisdom to know what to say and HOW to say it so I'm still walking in love, but I'm not budging an inch on my convictions. I don't want to please men, I want to please you Lord. Give me boldness with tenderness, give me wisdom with compassion, give me strength but let me be approachable so that I may lead some to you. The cry of my heart is to please YOU, not people!

No comments: