Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two little words....


I've notice over the past week that our 2 year old little boy (2 year and 4 months) has been using two little words a lot lately. These little words are I'M SORRY.... Normally, this would bring out my reaction of "what good little manners you have Brandon" or "that's o.k. buddy, it's really not a big deal", but he says them SOOOO much... he'll ask me "mommy can I have snack?" I'll tell him give me just one second (drying off my hands from dishes or something) and he'll say OK, I'M SORRY...and it's in the heartbroken tone they can use when they really know they've disappointed you... (and big puppy dog eyes). I keep telling him, no buddy that's not anything to say you're sorry for, that's just mommy telling you to hold on a second. He does this probably 30 times in a day. I can say I know where he gets it from, when his older brothers get into trouble, they are made to apologize to one another and say that they are sorry. Or if I get too grouchy, I'll apologize and say, hey guys mom's sorry if I snapped at you earlier, I was tired. I mean it's good to say you're sorry, but Brandon has been breaking my heart and it's like God spoke to me this evening, and told me that's how he feels when we come to him over something that really is so trivial, so little, but legalistically we've made it a HUGE DEAL, and we come to him like heartbroken children saying I'm sorry. When we pick up guilt that we've already left at the altar for Him, when we feel regret for something we have already laid at his feet.... Lord, thank you for your small reminder from a 2 year old, that we don't always have to be so sorry, we are your children, you do love us, and sometimes we just need that big hug that reminds us that there is truly nothing to be sorry for when we bring it to Him.....Jesus paid the price

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Oh Angie...thank you...i needed to hear this today.
Welcome to blogworld!!! I love yours and Im so excited to seeing lotsa good writings from you ;)
PS...yes I am crazy..i'm a steidinger, remember??????
Love ya!