Friday, August 22, 2008

When it rains, it pours....

So, the kids started back to school (yipppppeeee), but the day before they started back, I found out that a wonderful friend of mine had passed away....
Paula O'Ree
I knew something was wrong when her mom called me... she had been battling cancer for almost 3 years =( She was diagnosed with lung cancer just a few short months after her wonderful husband
Paula & Patrick
(another huge friend of mine) had passed away after battling cancer himself. The next day, the kids started back to school, and I FELT SICK! By Wednesday night I was feverish, no appetite, and hoping that was where it would end...but NO... that same night I was vomiting horribly and up for most of the night. Thank you Lord for a husband who understands when I need him! Sheldon spent the next day (Thursday) home taking care of me & Brandon =) The old saying...when it rains, it pours, seemed to fit so well...I felt kinda overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with sadness, sickness, and the knowledge that sometimes life just doesn't go how we want it to. When I started to think about Paula's 2 young sons (24 & 25) and that she had her first grandbaby not even a year ago (a beautiful little girl) I started thinking about my momma. Those same feelings of knowing how her kids were feeling... the sadness, the questions, the emptiness.... I could go on and on. I just thank you Lord that everything is in your hands. I trust you even when I can't figure things out. I trust you even when some things just don't seem to make sense. I trust you always. Knowing the Lord and knowing his LOVE towards me and everyone who calls on his name makes the last 3 days a lot easier to deal with. I couldn't imagine going through life on my own anymore. I thank HIM everyday that I can cast my cares upon HIM and he's there. Thank you Lord for always knowing what I need, when I need to hear your voice reminding me that you are in control, and mostly for your unconditional love and forgiveness. Without you I am nothing, with you I can do all things.... even make it through those days where I really just want to lay down and cry.
Paula & "Scoot-doggie-dog"
To my dearest friend Paula, you are in Heaven now with the love of your life. I'm sure my momma got to hug you and that you & Patrick & my momma and my daddy are looking down at me and gently reminding me to be what God has called me to be, that time is short, and to no longer be afraid to take those steps that He calls me to take. I have the best guardian angels in the world =)

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

OH,Angie, so sorry for your loss.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God hold you close thru this time and hope you are feeling better soon! Call if I can do anything to help out!
PS> Did Sheldon get the job in Fairbury?
Love ya!