Monday, August 11, 2008

Some explaining to do...


My blogging name is "slightly crooked halo" so before anyone might come up with a bad version of that name, I wanted to explain it.... My mom was my hero, my best friend, one of those mom's that you just really can't thank God enough for giving you, she was patient (though drew the line) she was loving (even if it meant a spanking when I deserved it) she was also the one who pointed out to us (5 of us, no I guess she was slightly cracked too =) that we should always feel blessed even if we don't have what other people consider "a lot". Did I mention there were 5 of us??? Do you know how many games you can come up with that do not involve any money being spent, or serious know-how....just dream it up, and there go, figuring it out along the way. Anyway, I was HORRIBLY clumbsy, not just slightly clumbsy, a little clumbsy, oh no, mom would say I could trip over a pebble, trip over nothing, and honestly I don't really believe I've outgrown that trait, but after 36 years, you just learn to catch yourself better =) So, she used to call me her little angel (Angela, my first name) is another meaning for Angel, blessed one, (yeah, at first through my teen years I bet she was thinking to herself...WHAT WAS I THINKING GIVING HER THAT NAME!...LOL) So as years went by, and I would weekly fall down the stairs, or fall off a tractor, or fall out of the top of the barn down to the straw for the pigs below, or fall just running...I mean I fell ALL THE TIME...she started telling me as she would always pick me up, brush me off, and send me on my way, she would say, God had to make your halo out of something special, because it's still there, it may be slightly crooked, but it's still there. She was so wonderful, we lost her to cancer just over 2 years ago... I miss her everyday, but I know I'm easy for her to spot from Heaven with my "slightly crooked halo =)" I LOVE YOU MOMMA

No comments: