Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Computer fun....

So today Brandon was doing his thing on the computer...he's usually just playing his games (which he's up to playing games for ages 4-6, so being not even 2-1/2, I must say I'm proud) but lately he's been getting a little off course. Going into programs that have nothing to do with his games (going into kodak to look at pics, going into limewire and itunes, just pretty much getting into all kinds of files). So this afternoon he says "mommy, it won't work" and I take 5 steps from the kitchen into where the computer is, only to see one tiny little blue line kinda down at the right bottom of the screen...my first thought, this is not good...lol. So I proceed with the typical things you do to try and "unfreeze" a computer, because obviously he had done something that he had never done before. After every attempt to figure out how to close out whatever he might have done, and having NO success, I thought, when all else fails, turn it off & reboot =)

Mr. Brandon at the computer with Oreo...


After the reboot, there was a nice message that popped up saying, windows cannot be found, then something about system32 being either unfound or corrupted. Nice huh?! It wouldn't let me do anything except get this message over and over. After a WHILE of trying to reinstall windows xp, with once again NO success...I had given up. Sheldon even called Pat & he walked him through some things to try, but we kept getting a message about no hard drive was found. (MY HEART SANK...ALL I THOUGHT WAS THOSE ARE SOOOOO EXPENSIVE!) So, I gave up, went up and spent some time with the rascals before they went to bed, and decided after tucking them (and Sheldon..lol) into bed, that I would give it one more shot. I kept praying, Lord you promise to give us success in all we lay our hands to, and was praying that He would guide me in what to do because we didn't have the money to fix it right now, and so and and so on. I was pretty much pleading the blood of Jesus over our computer.. not sure if that's doctrinal, or just warped, but I was praying for success as His child, even over a stupid computer =) As you can tell since I'm posting this blog, success was achieved. I really did nothing different than I had been doing previously, it just worked and I was able to repair the windows file with our instillation CD, even though it didn't work before!

This reminded me of a story my Grandpa (who went to Heaven this year) used to tell. It was about his ducks...he had ducks he was raising, and they all got out and he couldn't find them. His momma (my great grandma) told him to pray that God would help him find his ducks, and told him that God cared so much about him that he even cared about his ducks. Grandpa's Dad went to see a friend of his, and his friend was telling him about a group of ducks that had showed up at his farm and that he was going to shoot them and eat the meat...my great-grandpa said, well no you're not, them ducks belong to my son. Grandpa said that from that day on as a little boy of about 7 years old, he knew God loved him and that he watched over him. Them ducks of his got him saved =) And he was a Sunday school teacher for over 50 years at the same church in Joliet until his alzheimers took over. But Grandpa never forgot his ducks!

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

that is so awesome about praying over the computer....we are big on that.,..after all, the only way we have anything is because the Good Lord gave it to us so we should run it all by Him, eh?