Thursday, September 18, 2008

Boys, boys, and more boys

It's hilarious how many looks I get when we're all together as a family... some people just stare at our troop of boys, others at times seem to give me this "I'm so sorry look..." like somehow I've been deprived by having all boys. Truth is, I LOVE MY BOYS! I enjoy being the lone girl in the house (though at times I think they FORGET I'm a girl)... I enjoy the queen status with no princess to pass the throne on to..lol =) I've always related pretty well to boys, but don't get me wrong, I LOVE LITTLE GIRLS too... I have beautiful nieces that have stolen my heart, and there are so many little to teen girls at our church that I definitely get my fair share of girly conversation and love. I think I'd be a little nervous if I did have a little girl, because this house can get pretty rough at times ;) I just thank God that our boys are healthy, happy, and sometimes maybe wound a little too tight, but it's to be expected when you're raising ALL boys! Thank you to my sister for sharing her girls with me, and thank you to all my friends who have little girls and always make sure I get to a least love on the little pink princesses =) God knew what he was doing giving me all boys.... proving once again HE has an amazing sense of humor!

2 comments:

Smileyface said...

right there with ya pal.
growing up with 4 brothers i would be so fine if all we had is ellie and the rest boys! they are the greatest ever!!!

Smileyface said...

and hey...anytime you need a little girl fix you know where to find us ;)