Saturday, September 20, 2008

Confessions of someone under the influence... of a toddler....

Ok, so I have to confess, we are currently at the stand-off point of Brandon understanding what NO means, and now he has decided to turn that word right back on Mommy. He has such a huge vocabulary, and it's great to hear him use so many words, but this one word makes me stop in my tracks. I'll tell him it's time to get off the computer...No mommy.... I'll tell him he better stop doing something....No mommy .... I'll tell him to pick up and clean up his little area of toys where he plays.... once again...No mommy. So, my sweet little innocent child who used to just smile, coo, make everyone laugh, has now decided to take on mom. So, I'm standing my ground...and with 4 kids, sometimes that's a lot of ground to cover. I guess there's one thing that my mom always put such an incredible amount of effort into... letting her yes be yes and her no's be no's ... this is biblical. I want to instill in my children the respect for words. Isn't this what God wants so badly to do with me? Make me listen and understand, and not question him, but simply let his yes be yes and his no be no ... and still praise him, never question him, simply know that his Love is what gives me these answers, it's always for my best. I guess I need to appologize to God for waking him stand his ground so many times in my life, and not just taking him at his word. THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS =)

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

ahhhh, this sounds so familiar!
sometimes it makes me so weary....but i try to remember i'm shaping these little people into what they'll be as big people so i just keep at it....
i'm still waiting for dates from you friend!!!!