Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sometimes we realize....

I truly believe that there are so many times I miss noticing the blessings of God in our lives. Somethings just go by un-noticed as I get through another day, sometimes I get so caught up in the every day things that need to be done that I can truly go days without thanking God for the health that my children have, until they get sick; or not thanking him for the supernatural protection that I walk in as his child until something bad happens to someone I know, and after that as I tuck my kids in at night, I remember to truly thank God for keeping the monkey's that I've been blessed with =) safe every day as they continue to amaze me in the craziness they can find themselves involved it, and the potential harm that can happen to a sweet 2 year old as he tries to do those things his bigger brothers do (which usually involves jumping off of something, or climbing high up on something, just the normal boy stuff that can break arms, legs, and necks...lol) I guess a huge reminder that I have right now is my favorite Aunt in the world (my mom's twin sister). She hasn't been healthy for a while now, and I notice some of mom's old habits creeping into my Aunt Pauline's life. So tonight, I sent her an email. (I saw her for about 10 minutes yesterday, and loved on her & hugged and kissed on her) This email just simply told her how much she means to me, how much her smile makes my heart light up and how she's a unique piece of my life that has molded me and helped me become the person I am today. Gently the Lord reminded me after sending that email that I need to do this more with people in my life. My children, my husband, my Pastor, my friends... my sisters and brothers....I could go on and on. It was as if he whispered to my heart, yeah Angie, you're finally getting it... this is the most important job I gave you on earth to do...to tell those how much they mean to you, how much you love them, and in return they will see the love of Jesus being poured out through me straight to them. Really, Jesus said that the one thing that covers everything he came to do was to Love one another as we would want to be loved. I want to be cherished, I want to know that I mattered in peoples lives, I want to know that somebody at some time in the day is thinking about this heart that the Lord has given me to love beyond my capacity as a human. To be forgiving, non-judgemental, always loving, always hoping, always holding on to the Word of the Lord as the one thing in my life that gives me a ROCK to hold on to in this ever changing world we live in. I'm sorry sometimes Lord that I take good days for granted, I'm sorry that it takes until the end of the day for me to thank you instead of thanking you all day long. And Lord, I thank you for the wonderful Christian artists that can write a song that moves my heart to love you more and thank you more and songs that remind me that my life is in your hands and there is no safer place to be.


As this Superchick song says:
We live, we love, we forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love
We live, we love, we forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love




Lord my hearts prayer is to truly live and to truly love and by doing that I want to show the unconditional love that you have put in my heart to all those I come into contact with .... especially my family and friends.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Angie...thank you for this reminder.

Just the other day I saw the kids' toys in the bathtub after tucking them in and was just struck how blessed we are to have our healthy kids and I thanked God. THere's others out there tonite that's arms are aching to hold their little ones again and we just have so much to be thankful for!

Love ya....