Friday, September 12, 2008

Craziness

So tonight seemed like any ordinary night, until I really started thinking about how many people were here. Hide and seek was going on, toddler terror was following those playing hide and seek, and teenage romance (INNOCENT ROMANCE...lol) was also in the house. There was Me, Sheldon, my brother Jeremy, Jonathan & Allie, Darian & Brashae (his "girlfriend"...oh how I love 5th grade ;), Gavin, Brandon, Tessa and Logan (my brothers kids). So all together (not including the terrified cat..lol) there were 11 people calling our house "home" for a while this evening. This all hit me as Sheldon and Jeremy and I were all sipping down a nice warm cup of coffee after we had fed everyone. I laughed and looked at them and said.... did you think this day would come so soon? The day when WE'RE the OLD PEOPLE sitting drinking coffee as all the kids run around? Talk about FLASHBACKS of the days when we were the terrorists...I mean kids... Anyway, it was a blessed evening (even if it is STILL raining outside). It once again reminded me that life is really but a vapor, a mist, so tiny and fast.... one minute you're playing hide and seek, the next minute you're helping your 2 year old son and 3 year old neice find a "good" hiding spot, even though you know as soon as they hear whoever counting say "50" they will then yell at the top of their lungs "don't look behind the kitchen chair where I am" or "don't find me in the living room"...LOL. Thank you God for that wonderful feeling of home like I remember from growing up and momma being here. Thank you that it is not a physical house that makes this happen, it is the atmosphere of your love that makes ANY house become home =)


1 comment:

Smileyface said...

cute pictures...and there you are in all yer beautifulness ;)
Love you friend!