Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To be reconciled

Sometimes we have these crazy things that come up in our life where there is a disagreement or a misunderstanding somewhere in our families, a completely unintentional happening that has resulted in hurt feelings, or anger. When it first takes place, HONESTLY it is hard not to become offended... to take that pride that says, look I did nothing wrong... this is so NOT my fault.... then the hurt steps in where your heart asks you.. does this person really think that I would ever do anything in my life to hurt them or upset them? Do I not show the love of Jesus that is unconditional? So you just kinda sit back, reeling from all that has happened, and you give it to God. Then you kinda struggle with Ok God, do I say anything here? Am I suppossed to call? Am I suppossed to just tell them I love them? Am I to leave this alone in your hands? After TONS of prayer, hearing His voice telling me not to call was hard, but knowing God had it all in his hands made it easier. Long story short, RECONCILIATION has been made, by nothing short of a God thing... the humility between everyone involved, the love, the forgiveness, the heartfelt moments of truly letting your heart be vulnerable to everyone... was something short of a miracle to me. This person means the world to me, and to see the softness that was in his face, the hug that he gave me was priceless. I don't feel like anyone won or lost or that now there even was a "battle" here... I've seen the Lord move in hearts and souls and has tought me what it truly means to be reconciled...

Websters says:

1 a: to restore to friendship or harmony
b: settle , resolve
2: to cause to submit to or accept something unpleasant

It was amazing to me the 2nd definition.... to cause to submit to or accept something unpleasant.... this struck me in a very different way today. I submitted and accepted something unpleasent, without response except love, no strings attached, and out of this submission came the restoration and settlement and resolution of the problem... Man I wish submission wasn't so hard sometimes ;) I once again see an area I have to work at...just constantly reminding myself that everything is in HIS hands, and I just have to be patient and watch in awe at what he does =) (AND KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT!!) God reminded me that he does not torture me with Him constantly repremanding me for my mistakes, or things that I've done that have hurt his feelings, He feels no need to spell out exactly what I've done.....he simply loves me, unconditionally and that is what I am called to do.

No comments: