Monday, September 15, 2008

Daily Bible verse

I get a new daily Bible verse everyday when I sign on to my computer. It's through www.christnotes.org and I really enjoy reading a new verse everyday and I like seeing the word everytime I get on the computer. I guess I try to use this as one little way of helping to "hide his word in my heart" as the Bible talks about. Today's verse really made me think...

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:1-4

Since walking in the Spirit is also known as walking in Love, this verse really applies hard-core... I have been given so much IN Christ, HIS LOVE, FELLOWSHIP WITH THE SPIRIT, TENDERNESS, COMPASSION, ONE IN SPIRIT AND PURPOSE all free to me because He loves me, then I have the part to play at the end.. do nothing out of selfish ambition or van conceit, be humble and consider OTHERS (not just some or the ones you really like, or ...I mean this fits EVERYONE we come into contact with) consider them better than myself, stop looking at my own interests and instead look to the interests of others. This really describes walking in Love and made me look at how I am towards everyone in my life. Some apologies are due, some adjustments have been made, and I pray to do better every day =)

2 comments:

Smileyface said...

this is one of my all time favorite verses....but yet sometimes i struggle so hard to live it ;(
hugs...

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

uyuu2

jjut


yyyy
y
yyy55yyy