Friday, October 10, 2008

Another lesson

So tonight Darian & Gavin went to the football game with a friend of ours (whom we trust completely with our kids) and near the end of the game, our friend called saying he couldn't find Gavin. He had Darian, and his son, and they were all 3 told to stay together, but no one knew where Gavin was. He tells me he'll call me right back, I heard him talking to Jonathan telling him and Allie to look for Gavin and to call him if they found him. When he called me back, I asked him if there were any kids playing a football game behind the bleachers. He said that's where he was walking too, and amazingly that's where he found the "missing" child. So, since he didn't listen, I told our friend to just meet me at the gate and I would pick him up right then, as punishment. (though the game was ALMOST over..which by the way PONTIAC totally kicked Prairie Central's butt...lol) Fast forward to tucking Gavin into bed after getting his butt chewed by our friend, and his butt chewed the entire way home (I bet he was really happy we only live 3 blocks from the high school..lol). As I'm tucking my little boy in who turned 9 two days ago and has a birthday party tomorrow with family I tried explaining to him the true nature of his disobedience. I told him about people who want to hurt little boys just because they're little boys, and that we watch him for his protection and safety. I explained that we don't want anything to happen to him, we love him, and that we only want what's best for him. Kissing him goodnight, the Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me that this is the same reason he has boundaries for us. Being honest, being obedient, trusting that He knows what's best for us and listening no matter what. Momma was a little convicted ;) Rules aren't to keep us from having fun, they're to keep us safe, and that especially goes for the way God feels about us.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Wow, God is good to remind us of things the same time we are reminding our kids, eh?

We saw them last night...cute little guys sticking together ;) can't wait til our kids do that someday! glad he was okay and found.