Monday, October 20, 2008

Priorities

I feel like I've been struggling to make sure I'm in God's will on my priorities. Though, when I step back and look at things, it's soooo clear that I'm in his will, that I wonder why I feel like I go back and forth on it...it really seems so simple. Then I notice that it's really not me that has a problem, it's the "normal world" that sees me refusing to just hand my kids over for everyone except me to take care of them. I remember what it was like to come home and my mom be there. I remember what it was like to see my 2 younger sisters and little brother not have that guiding force. I don't want my kids to become "statistics" like all the other kids who get home and nobody's there for like 2-1/2 to 3 hours... not to mention the thought of putting Brandon into daycare. And for me to make decent enough money to even make "getting ahead" do-able, I would have to go to Bloomington.. gas prices, gone until when????, and when is the quality time I would have with my husband and my children??!! Knowing when Brandon starts school I can get more involved in things outside of the home. It used to be so natural for momma's to teach their kids and then send them to school when they were ready .... now most people seem to think you're crazy if you stay at home and REALLY try to get them ready to change the world!!!