Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ventured out today...

So I ventured out today (trying my best not to cough on people...I'm not contagious, but it sure gets annoying.. and I guess they don't KNOW I'm not contagious...lol) After spending from 9:00 a.m. to almost 1:00 p.m. sorting through summer clothes for ALL the boys and getting out the cold weather clothes with my WONDERFUL SWEET LOVING HELPFUL husband (here's to you once again baby) I went to the Varsity Football game to watch Cody Followell play (#85). I had promised him that I would come watch, and I FINALLY made it!! I got some pretty good Cody action plays on camera, and some photos too. It's amazing to see someone you've watched grow from about age 9 to 16 suddenly (ok to me suddently, obviously years FLY by me!!) become this wonderful young man who is so so so polite and sweet and generous and kind, and an awesome football player. It was also nice to get a little mommy time while Sheldon took care of the boys, and get out for a little while =) I had the joy of running into my sweet sweet friend Kayla who is in our youth group, and spending some quality time with her too!!! We had needed to catch up anyway, and this was SOOOO PERFECT.. We walked back to my house, I let her drive me around some and then we went to Daves together, and then to her house where I went in and chatted with her momma, and got a huge huge hug from Daniel (I swear, his muscles just keep getting bigger and bigger.... way to go Daniel!!!) Anyway, I had a blessed day, even got a sense of huge accomplishment from finishing all the hours of clothes swapping that we did, and got to spend time watching one of our most handsome and sweetest teens do what he loves to do, and spend some awesome quality time with one of our teen girls who I ADORE and then the hubby grilled out some amazing pork chops and Jonathan cooked the corn & Mac and cheese inside, so I didn't have to cook =) How much more special can one day be...LOL =) Cody waiting for his chance...
#85 RULES
So close...ended up out of bounds =(
AMAZING Blocking power =)

AMAZING CATCH...sorry it's not in better focus =(
Miss Kayla =)

No comments: