Monday, October 27, 2008

Short and simple today

I had a very aggrevating day today. Honestly I had to muster up everything in me to not seriously snap on a nurse... once again God shows us that we can handle more than we think we can if we give it to Him. The funny thing is that earlier during the day I was reading the Word of Faith magazine that we get, and it was talking about taming the tongue...
James 3:2-5 (New Living Translation)
2. We all make many mistakes, but those who control their tongues can also control themselves in every other way.
3. We can make a large horse turn around and go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth.
4. And a tiny rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot wants it to go, even though the winds are strong.
5. So also, the tongue is a small thing, but WHAT ENORMOUS DAMAGE IT CAN DO. A tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

I think I need to park on these verses for a while to really understand the significance of my tongue (my words)...

No comments: