Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busted...

It's funny when you figure out that you 2-1/2 year old understands soooo much more than you give him credit for sometimes....lol =) There are A LOT of things that I'm learning that Brandon COMPLETELY understands. You can have a straight up conversation with this little guy and he UNDERSTANDS and RESPONDS accordingly. It's hilarious at times (which by the way "That's hilarious" is one his new favorite sayings...that and "that's amazing" would be another favorite. It just astounds me when he walks into the kitchen where I am and uses a complete sentence to tell me something, or ask me something (usuall TELL me something...lol) He is just growing up so stinkin fast, and is so flippin smart that it amazes me. He's already asking me what typing means, like when I'm sending an email, and I told him that I'm typing words...letters that together spell words and make sentences for people to read, so now he's practicing his sentences when he types (which usually ends up somehow being a google search...lol) But he already recognizes so many letters that we're working on teaching him the phonics, though some of the sounds he already corresponds with the letter. I forgot how much fun it is to see the whole world come alive little by little as the small ones learn true communication. It's such a wonder every day. And Brandon has to be the smartest kid I know when I comes to music...it makes me wonder if somehow I have Laura & Jason's kid since they are both so gifted in music...lol He recognizes so many Christian artists, not only by the band, but also lead singers... he knows Third Day and Mac Powell; he knows Jeremy Camp, Toby Mac, Skillet, Day of Fire and the lead singer is Josh Brown, ... I seriously could go on and on... he recognizes songs within the first few notes of a song and can tell you what song it is and who its by.... I find myself at 36 wishing I had my 2 year olds brain...LOL =) Anyway, I know every child is gifted, and it's just neat as a parent to watch your childs gifts develop and see exactly how unique God has made them!

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

ha ha....you are too funny....